Manhattan Tenant Rights Lawyer
New York Tenant Representation Attorney Landlord-Tenant Disputes
The Manhattan law firm of Himmelstein McConnell Gribben & Joseph LLP is focused on real estate litigation and transactions involving tenants and the organizations that represent them.
Our attorneys are experienced and accomplished in all areas of tenant representation and real estate law. They also represent co-op boards, condominium associations, individual shareholders, unit owners and home owners. We also defend and prosecute appeals in all appellate courts.
“Most people who come to us have been referred to us by multiple sources. We have a good reputation in the New York area for providing first-rate legal services.”- The attorneys of Himmelstein McConnell Gribben & Joseph LLP
Our law firm is well known and respected among landlords, their lawyers, the media, elected officials, administrative agencies and the courts. To learn more about our aggressive landlord-tenant and real estate litigation services, contact us online or call 212-349-3000.
Our Practice | Protecting Tenant Rights in New York City
Our law firm focuses primarily on tenant, co-op and condo unit owner representation. We have deep experience representing clients in each the following areas:
- Evictions prevention and tenants’ rights: We represent tenants in rent-stabilized and rent-controlled apartments, who face eviction, opposing rent increases, maintenance issues and other infringements of tenants’ rights.
- Purchases and sales: We assist clients in buying and selling condominiums, cooperatives and homes.
- Co-op and condo conversions: We represent clients who have been affected negatively by the conversion of a building from rental ownership to co-operative or condominium ownership. We also can help tenants who live in a building which is being converted to a cooperative or condominium.
- New condo construction defects: We represent unit owners and Co-op or Condo Boards, loft tenants and others who have been affected adversely by a construction defect at a newly constructed or renovated building.
- Commercial leasing: We represent individuals and businesses in commercial settings who need to negotiate leases or resolve lease issues with property owners.
- Administrative agency proceedings: We represent clients at all administrative agency proceedings before the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR), New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA), New York City Loft Board (NYCLB), and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development agency (HUD).
- Mitchell-Lama and PHFL dissolution: We represent the interests of low and middle-income tenants of buildings that are protected by the Mitchell-Lama program or Private Housing Finance Law (PHFL). We represent them concerning issues of dissolution, reorganization or reconstitution of protected buildings.
- Loft law litigation: We represent tenants involved in litigation involving J-51 and similar tax-abatement programs.