Manhattan Commercial Tenant Lawyer
Complicated Leases Require Sophisticated Representation
Commercial property owners and their tenants must obey complicated rules concerning their commercial leases.
At Himmelstein, McConnell, Gribben, Donoghue & Joseph LLP in New York, New York, we represent individuals and businesses in commercial settings who need to resolve lease issues with property owners. We accomplish our clients’ goals through either negotiation, litigation or a combination of the two.
We can negotiate with a commercial building owner regarding lease terms. If a commercial tenant stops paying rent, either deliberately during a dispute or unintentionally due to a lack of money, we can assist the tenant.
We can also work to secure injunctions to prevent a lease termination. For more information, call us at 212-349-3000.
New York Commercial Tenant Representation Attorney
“We are tightly knit. In other firms, the attorneys are like separate fiefdoms. We work together to exchange ideas and share strategies. With us, you are retaining the whole law firm and not just one attorney.”- The attorneys of Himmelstein, McConnell, Gribben, Donoghue & Joseph LLP
Our Manhattan practice is serious about defending the commercial tenant. We draft leases and negotiate with landlords. We also defend client interests in negotiations or in court regarding any commercial lease.
We will thoroughly review any commercial lease regarding:
- Parties and premises: We can ensure the location of the premises and the parties listed on the lease are identified correctly.
- Terms: We review lease terms so they are correct and reasonable, including length of lease.
- Rent payments/frequency: We can work to adjust your payments to best suit the needs of your business.
- Expenses: Commercial leases often contain clauses regarding pro rata increases for operating expenses, common-area maintenance, additional rent or other provisions. We can review a lease to ensure the terms are favorable to you.
- Restrictions/responsibilities: When drafting a lease, we can negotiate where your responsibilities and restrictions as a tenant begin and end. For current leases, we can interpret your actual duties toward the landlord.
Defending Commercial Tenant Interests in Negotiations and in Court
We are among New York City’s largest tenant-side-only law firms. As a result, our lawyers can devote substantial resources to defending the interests of our commercial clients.
We practice at every level in every court in New York. Our Manhattan commercial tenant attorneys have represented a multitude of commercial tenants before New York City courts and administrative agencies.
If we take your case, we will have likely worked with your landlord, the law firm your landlord has hired, or the judge who may eventually decide the outcome of your dispute. We are featured regularly in the press and use that platform to advocate for our tenant clients.