Professional, Dignified, Deliberative … and Legally Tough
Established in 1983, Himmelstein McConnell Gribben et al has more than 300 combined years of experience in the field of tenant-landlord and real estate law. Few law firms have the depth, breadth and length of experience we have in representing thousands of New York City tenants in a multitude of tenant rights cases.
Each of our ten accomplished attorneys is a leader in his or her area of focus and has extensive trial and appellate experience. As a result, we can act on prudent and sound legal advice no matter what your real estate-related legal concern. Our partner, worked in the Attorney General’s office and has experience working both in and with governmental regulatory bodies.
“We are tightly knit. We are also professional, dignified, deliberative and legally tough. In other firms, the attorneys are like separate fiefdoms. We work together to exchange ideas, share strategies. With us, you are retaining the whole law firm and not just one attorney.”- The attorneys of Himmelstein McConnell Gribben et al
Representing Tenants in New York Courts
We practice at every level in every court from housing court to the highest appellate courts. Our lawyers have represented thousands of residential and commercial tenants, both individually and in groups, before New York City courts and administrative agencies including:
- New York City Housing Court
- New York City Civil Court
- New York State Supreme Court
- New York State Appellate Courts (all levels)
- New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR)
- New York Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD)
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development agency (HUD)
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)
- New York City Loft Board
For more information about our attorneys, read the profiles linked below: