New York’s Premier
Tenants’ Rights Law Firm
- Partner since September 2019
Jesse Gribben is a graduate of Rutgers University (History / Labor Studies, 1996) and the City University of New York School of Law, 2004. He is admitted to the bar in New York and in the U.S. District Courts of the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Prior to law school, Jesse was an organizer for 1199 SEIU where he led several significant organizing campaigns. From 2004 - 2007 he was a staff attorney for District Council 37's Municipal Employees' Legal Services Plan ("MELS") where he defended union members facing eviction in summary housing court proceedings. In 2007, Jesse joined the DC 37 Legal Department as Assistant General Counsel where he provided counsel and legal representation to DC 37 and its affiliated locals. His practice included advising union officers, staff and members on legal, collective bargaining and strategic issues. In addition he represented the union and its members in arbitration and a wide array of administrative hearings and handled complex litigation in both State and Federal Court where, amongst other matters, he litigated claims under discrimination and wage and hour laws.
Jesse joined Himmelstein, McConnel, Gribben, Donoghue & Joseph LLP as an associate in 2016 and became a partner in September 2019.
Areas Of Practice
- Tenants’ rights / Tenant Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Workers’ rights
- Union side Labor Law
- New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- City University of New York School of Law at Queens College, Flushing, New York
- Rutgers University
- Major: History / Labor Studies
Past Employment Positions
- District Council 37’s Municipal Employees’ Legal Services Plan (“MELS”), Staff Attorney, 2004 to 2007
- DC 37 Legal Department, Assistant General Counsel